The idea content type can help you innovate with your user base. Ideas will have a score of support and the higher the score the more your user base wants the idea implemented. In addition to the score, each idea can have a set stage that communicates back to the user base the current status of the idea.
Create a new idea
- Click Create > Idea from the top navigation or if you’re on a space, group or project select Idea from the actions menu
- Enter the title for your idea – the community will try to locate any similar ideas based on the subject you enter helping cut down duplications
- Enter the description of your idea
- Enter any additional field information if present (ideas can have custom fields set by administrators which can be either optional or required)
- Choose where you wish to publish the idea. For maximum visibility the idea should be posted in a place that tailors to either ideas or ideas about the top in question
- Enter tags to enhance search’s ability to find your idea, thus making it more powerful
- In the advanced options you can elect to add authors to your idea if you’re working on it as a team
- Click the publish button to finalize the idea
The idea will start out with a base status (default = Active) and if you edit the idea the status can be changed.