The video content type enables users to post rich video content to the community in a variety of ways. Each video can be created using a webcam (webcast), a file from the computer (common file types like mp4, wav, etc) or from another video streaming service (YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion).
- Click Create > Video from the top navigation or if you’re on a space, group or project select Video from the actions menu
- Enter a title for your video
- Choose the method you wish to use to create the video
- Webcam – this option can be disabled globally but will request access to your webcam if used. A user can record the video and do different takes before publishing
- From Your Computer – this allows you to simply upload the video file from your local hard drive
- From the Web – this allows you to enter the URL from another stream service for the video. If the video service updates the video behind the URL, your video will reflect that change!
- Depending on the method you chose, it could take a few minutes to save the video. This will depend greatly on video duration and file size.
- While the video is saving, enter in the required description for the video below the player.
- Enter any tags that will help search make finding the video more powerful
- Once the video is saved the player will display a green check mark. At this time you can publish the video
- Click the publish button to save the video to your community
Note: if you chose webcam or upload from your computer the video will have to “encode” to be displayed on the browser. Depending on the file size and duration this could take time. Until the encoding process is finished the video will not be available. If you chose “from the web” the good news is that service already did the encoding so the video should display immediately!