Download a lesson plan to go with chapter 7 of Advanced Language and Literature, BFW's textbook for pre-AP* and Honors grade 10 English courses. Written by Renee Shea, John Golden, and Lance Balla, Advanced Language & Literature will prepare your students for both AP* English Language and AP* English Literature.
Chapter 7 of Advanced Language and Literature is focused around the theme of Ethics, and encourages students to think about:
- How do we tell "right" from "wrong"?
- Can there be a universal understanding of what is "right" or "wrong"?
- To what extent do age, culture, and other factors affect our ethical decisions?
- When making ethical decisions, whose needs should be most important? The individual’s, other people’s, the larger society’s?
- What causes us to cheat? Is cheating always wrong? Who gets to define "cheating"?
Use this in your classroom today, and discuss how the lesson has worked in the comments!