Statistics and Probability through Applications, 3rd Edition is the only introductory statistics text written by high school teachers for high school teachers and students.
Daren Starnes, Josh Tabor, and the extended team of contributors bring their in-depth understanding of statistics and the challenges faced by high school students and teachers to development of the text and its accompanying suite of print and interactive resources for learning and instruction.
- 10 chapters divided into 71 easy-to-teach lessons, making course management smoother and more intuitive
- Each lesson includes 2-3 Learning Targets, with each Target supported 1:10 with a worked example and a set of practice exercises
- A Lesson App closes every lesson, bringing together the three lesson learning targets in a real-world setting
- STATS applied! opens and closes each chapter by introducing students to the types of researchers explore in fields like biology, public health, etc.
- 212 worked examples help students understand the problem-solving process. Each Worked Example includes "teacher talk" balloons highlighting important steps, plus an accompanying Example Video for more guidance
- Try it Problems mirror each worked example provide immediate reinforcement or direct students back to the appropriate model example when they are doing homework assignments
- Altogether, the practice sets in SPA include more than 1,600 exercises in total
- Each lesson ends with four helpful categories of paired exercises
- Chapter review exercises tie the lessons together. Each of these exercises has an accompanying solution video which reviews the problem step-by-step
- A comprehensive test concludes each chapter
- High-interest activities built into each chapter let students explore concepts and techniques in class
- Tech Corners give brief directions about how to use TI-83/84 graphing calculators and the new statistical applets effectively