BFW Self-Guided Course Tours are designed with your schedule in mind - they're on-demand, self-paced, and provide you with everything you need to know to get started using BFW materials successfully in your classroom.
Each course contains short videos that review the AP® Exam (where applicable), the student edition, and teacher resources. The videos are all less than 3 minutes long, so they're easy to watch in-between classes, during prep, or whenever you need a refresher on your textbook program. At the end of the course, you'll receive a Program Guide to use as a reference of your materials, as well as a lesson planning guide to help you get started.
LaunchPad Training Course (COMING SOON!)
From one of today’s most accomplished and trusted mathematics authors comes a new textbook that offers unmatched support for students facing the AP® calculus exam, and the teachers helping them prepare for it.
Sullivan and Miranda’s Calculus for the AP® Course covers every Big Idea, Essential Knowledge statement, Learning Objective, and Math Practice described in the 2016-2017 redesigned College Board™ Curriculum Framework. Its concise, focused narrative and integrated conceptual and problem-solving tools give students just the help they need as they learn calculus and prepare for the redesigned AP® Exam. And its accompanying Teacher’s Edition provides an in depth correlation and abundant tips, examples, projects, and resources to ensure close adherence the new Curriculum Framework.
Chapter Projects. Introduced at the opening of each chapter and are revisited at the end, these projects relate calculus to everyday life and provide students with a chance to apply the math they are learning.
Learning Objectives. Each section begins with a point-by-point listing of the important concepts students need to take away.
Examples with Worked Solutions. Hundreds of examples with fully detailed solutions give students clear guidance for applying essential concepts to solving problems.
Sullivan’s Trademark “Now Work” Examples. Students working through the exercise in each example are directed to problems in the section exercise set that require the same type of work to solve, for immediate reinforcement and extra practice. This acclaimed feature, a hallmark of Sullivan textbooks, recognizes that many students begin with the exercises and seek help only as needed, providing a backwards/forwards navigation system that guides students from exercise to example and vice-versa.
Dynamic Figures. Dynamic Figures (available online) illustrate the principles of calculus in an interactive format that allows students to manipulate variables and gauge the results.
Videos from Experienced AP© Teachers. These videos provide additional “just-in-time” help by walking students step-by-step through key examples, exercises, and concepts.
Integrated Margin Tips
- AP® EXAM INSIGHTS: Contain tips and suggestions based on the redesigned curriculum framework to help students see how the text prepares for the exam.
- NEED TO REVIEW: offers just in time review of prior topics that students need to know to learn new content
- RECALL: provides a quick refresher of information that is being used theorems, definitions, examples, etc.
- NOTE: feature provides supporting details to content on that page to help further explain topics
- CAUTION: warns about common misconceptions and pitfalls.
- ORIGINS: provides historical and biographical information about key figures and discoveries in the development of Calculus
- IN WORDS helps to translate formulas, theorems, proofs, rules and definitions in clear, plain language to support your students when and where they need it.
End-of-Section Practice Problems:
- Concepts and Vocabulary—a chance to review comprehension of the main points with these fill in the blank, multiple choice and true/false questions
- Skill Building – provided to help students develop problem-solving and computational skills
- Applications and Extensions –a diverse set of problems that put calculus in real-world contexts
- AP® Practice Problems— multiple choice and open-ended questions for practice all year round
- Things to Know reviews the key concepts
- Objectives Table reviews the chapter’s learning objectives, with directions to Chapter Review and AP Review Problems related to each objective
- Chapter Review Problems review chapter content
- AP® Review Problems provide additional multiple-choice and open ended questions to practice for the exam all year round.
Four (4) Cumulative AP® Practice Exams
- Cumulative Exam 1: after Chapter 1 that covers: (1) Limits
- Cumulative Exam 2: after Chapter 4 that covers: (1) Limits, (2) Derivatives
- Cumulative Exam 3: after Chapter 7 (full length test modeled after the AB version of the exam) that covers: (1) Limits, (2) Derivatives, and (3) Integrals and Fundamental Theorem of Calculus)
- Cumulative Exam 4: after Chapter 11(full length exam modeled after the BC course) that covers (1) Limits, (2) Derivatives, (3) Integrals &Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, (4) Series.