How are you using AI in your courses?

Symphonie
Macmillan Employee
Macmillan Employee

Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a transformative tool. Focusing on the positives, it has the potential to enhance teaching methods, streamline administrative tasks, and foster an inclusive learning environment. We're curious about the unique ways in which instructors are currently incorporating AI into their courses.

How are you leveraging AI to engage students? Are there specific strategies that have proven to be effective during the past few months? What advice would you share with fellow educators who are considering experimenting with AI?

We might compile your responses into a blog post. If you would not like us to include your response, please make a note of that.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Mathew
TLC All-Star
TLC All-Star

I plan to use AI to do technical work in preparation for teaching. For example, I uploaded a study I read into ChatGPT and asked it to summarize the content, which it did. Then I asked it to create points for a PowerPoint. I copied this document and pasted it into Gama to create a PowerPoint. I was very pleased with the result. I will use these programs to create summaries and PowerPoint presentations for teaching and will ask students to become familiar with these and other programs. I feel that such helps are useful to help learning more efficiently. What do you think? 

0 Kudos

Leslie219
New Contributor
New Contributor

I haven't used AI in the classroom yet!  I like the idea of trying to use it to flip a classroom. I am also thinking of asking the students in another class to use AI to help them outline a presentation. They can start with an outline and then use AI to build on their ideas which will help them build their end of the semester presentation.

0 Kudos

avazquez3176
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am currently just using AI from Kahoot! making questions from the prompts that I developed by using the Learning Objectives, and requesting Kahoot! to develop quiz questions from that topic. formative and summative assessment. Also developing rubrics for group learning presentations of topics in the classroom, and peer evaluation of the presentations. Also for writing assignments.

0 Kudos

Mathew
TLC All-Star
TLC All-Star

Kahoot! looks interesting. It requires a paid subscription, right? 

0 Kudos